Take the below suggestions with a pinch of salt. These are learnings based on my experiences, so always check with a medical professional.
Water, the elixir of life...
How, when and with what do you drink yours?
It's Spring time and the best way to start your day is with between 500ml and 1 litre of water first thing in the morning with a good squeeze of lemon (a little more than a teaspoon per 500ml). Make sure that the water is warm and it should taste slightly sweet and soft.
Why not energise your water? Add crystals or a magnet, write messages and drink your water like a meditation. Water is the best conductor of energy so use this simple tip to transform obstacles into opportunities.
According to Ayurveda, the capacity of the stomach is slightly over 1 litre and so by drinking this first thing in the morning your cleanse and kickstart your system. Just wait 30-60 minutes before eating to get the full benefits.
Switch your salt to either pink Himalayan Salt or Black Salt. Sea salt can lead to metabolism and thyroid problems and is limited in nutrients whereas Himalayan salt has up to 84 minerals. Himalayan salt has been shown to have the same mineral composition of our bodies.
Just 1 glass of unsweetened cranberry juice a day will balance out your urinary system and keep most UTIs away...and it tastes soooo good!
It may be helpful to arrange a blood test to check for food allergies and intolerances as well as vitamin/mineral statistics. Whilst this will change, I have found it helpful to take a snapshot. There are many other alternatives too such as applied kinesiology or a great naturopath.
An end to hayfever/seasonal allergies?
If you suffer from seasonal allergies, then try this very simple (and surprisingly palatable) trick. Mix 1 heaped Tablespoon of dry wheatgrass in a glass of juice and drink first thing in the morning. The effects are the most powerful if you build up the system for a few weeks but does seem to work at reducing symptoms almost immediately. When its that simple, what's not to love! Try it if you have other allergies too.
Benefits of Sea Vegetables (seaweed):
- They contain all the trace elements and are easily assimilated into the body
- They allow for better absorption of nutrients by the intestines
- The darker sea vegetables have been shown to remove radioactive Stontium-90 from the body and contain alginic acid which turns heavy metals into harmless salts
- They are a good source of B-12 and the whole B-complex, supporting the nervous system (stress) and are an excellent source of iodine, with traces of calcium and iron
Just say no Microwaves
Did you know that microwaves alter the molecular structure of the food that you are eating? This can mean that the molecules that are meant to go to the brain for example, are sent to another part of the body and vice versa!
Just try this simple test, buy 2 green plants and give one normal tap water and the other cooled microwaved water. Within 3 weeks, the plant that has been given microwaved water will die. Try it and see (and let us know how you get on).
A few of my personal powerhouse favourites:
- Coconut oil: eat a spoonful cold, cook with it or even massage it onto the skin
- Acai berry: Amazonian wonder berry stocked high with Vitamin C
- Goji berry: the berries of “longlife” from Asia
- Brazil nuts: 3 of these and you have your daily selenium
- Turmeric root: cancer and heart disease wonder root, anti-inflammatory
- Nettles/wild greens: clean and nourish, clean and nourish
- Avocado: Omega oils, good fats to feed the body and nourish
- Red raspberry leaf: for every woman from 9-90 years
- Berries: blueberries, cranberries, raspberries…brain superfood, anti-cancer…
- Spirulina/algae/seaweed: clears radiation, protects the body, cell regrowth
- Broccoli/cauliflower: heart protectors, anti-cancer, immune system strengtheners
- Pomegranate seeds: blood builder, high in vitamin K and C
- Chia seeds: high in antioxidants, powerhouse in terms of nutrients
- Hemp sees: packed full of Omega 3,6,9
What do you cook with?
Why not try switching out your aluminium pots/pans for an iron skillet or clay pot? Aluminium leaches into food and has been shown to set up the body for such illnesses as Alzheimers and Parkinsons to name but a few.
Make friends with Magnesium!
- Magnesium is essential to the action of over 300 enzymes in your body.
- Magnesium helps calcium enter the bones and cells.
- Magnesium is also essential in your cellular energy production powerhouses.
- Magnesium prevents blood clots and hardening of the arteries, even reducing strokes and lowering blood pressure.
- Magnesium aids the effectiveness of insulin and is an essential ingredient in certain proteins.
- It plays a vital role in brain tissue formation
- It can also help detox the body of certain environmental chemicals and drugs
Most of us living in Northern Europe may be deficient in vitamin D. If you can, try and take supplements in liquid form, as personally I find that they are better absorbed by the body. Where possible, use herbs and spices in your foods.
Facelift Yoga © All rights reserved